Monday, January 7, 2013

January Festivity

The writing group, plus guests, held a belated holiday party yesterday. The weather was nice and parking was ample. Not knowing much about Longmont last year, I planned the party on the same night as the holiday parade and Santa's visit. Because we live so close to the downtown, parking was an unanticipated problem in our quiet neighborhood. We also had this year's gathering in the afternoon. I don't know about other people, but I liked the new time of day for our fun.

There was food, conversation, and a book exchange. I think I'm correct in saying the book exchange is everyone's favorite part. There were some unusual choices this year.

I've done my critiques for tomorrow night's writing group and I'm now officially working on the rewrite of my book. One of my resolutions for 2013 is to write on a daily basis. When I can manage this, it's so much easier to produce the pages. Even knowing what a difference it makes, it's still hard to adhere to the routine. But I'm trying to encourage a creative habit and, with the addition of a slight tendency of OCD, I might just be able to make my daily writing a personal necessity. Wish me luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment