Sunday, September 28, 2014

Saturday's Reverie

Written yesterday while enjoying perfect warm weather.

I'm in a rare state of perfect contentment. I'm writing in the early afternoon shade of our giant pine tree. There is more traffic on Collyer Street than on a typical weekday because of the Oktoberfest and the major ripping up of Main Street that begins right near the park with the festival. I have mocha in my commute mug so it's staying hot while I let my mind wander around. While sitting here, I think I have come up with a plan to give the side yard some shade and a little privacy. Shrubs along the fences will take up more of the yard, but we should still have enough room to create an oasis.


We went to the Sun Rose Cafe for an excellent breakfast this morning, followed by the guitar store, library, feed store, and the farmer's market. It was a great start to the day.

Now I have the singular pleasure of dragging all of the plastic outdoor toys out from under the pine for a good scrubbing. It's time to start putting things away before winter arrives. You wouldn't believe how many critters can live in a neglected, forgotten bunch of toys. Boy Howdy, as fictitious cowboys like to say. You might think it's too early to prepare for winter but, in my experience, fall is the shortest season.
Obviously winter is the longest.

I was barely started with my Herculean task when two grandchildren arrived for a visit. The water table got a good workout and a good time was had by all.



I found a bag with two peaches and a zucchini on my porch when I first went out front. Someone left this gift, with no note, where I could see it when I looked outside. What exactly should I think about this? Is someone naive or was I pranked? 



No comments:

Post a Comment