Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Snow and Traffic

I'm happy we finally got some snow, but I'm not happy I have to drive to Denver on the slick roads. Personally, I hope the traffic crawls all the way. I just noticed the wind is starting to blow. That makes it even more interesting.

There's a book titled, After the Ecstasy, the Laundry, by Jack Kornfield. It's one of my thrift store purchases that I've only browsed, but it's an interesting book. It reminds me that life is full of things to do, places to go, and people to see, but there's still the simple work of life that must be addressed. So many people think that, because they went to their job, they don't have to do that drudgery. But dishes must be washed, cat boxes cleaned, and on and on. I fully understand how hard it can be to do that extra laundry. Have your ecstasy but also take a shower, take out the garbage. It's all a good use of time and could be very zen if your attitude is right.

My computer faces a window. A white suburban just spun out right in front of me. The good news is that it missed the two parked cars.

I don't have a good focus today so I offer my apologies. I hope everyone has a safe and sane day.


2 comments:

  1. "After Ecstasy, The Laundry". That's brilliant. I wonder if that's the order the author believes is best.

    Reminds me of the example of the jar of rocks, pebbles, and sand. If you put the sand and pebbles in the jar first, you'll never fit the big rocks. Only by prioritizing the big rocks and putting them in first, can you fit the smaller pebbles around them, and then pour the sand over top to fill in the space that's left.

    Ecstasy, then laundry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent example. May it be a new year with many pebbles and few rocks.

      Delete