Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve at Boulder Valley Ranch

The world is cold and overcast today, but not in a bad way. The mountains are beautiful and Boulder Valley looks good no matter what time of year it is.

This morning I went out to Boulder Valley Ranch to visit my horse, Cooper. I love going out there. It's very near Boulder yet still feels like, and preserves the illusion, that there is country land still around. The lovely black angus cattle are on the best meadow near the barn. I soon saw why. Two tiny black calves were sleeping in the midst of the many cows. It seems like calving begins earlier every year, with this season beginning before 2012 is even over with. With the front range mountains to my right, the horses to my left, a herd of cattle, and the plains stretching out to the east, I'd have to say I felt lucky to be surrounded by such beauty.

A woman I know works there taking care of the horses, so we talked for a while. I told her I was thinking of moving Cooper to a more convenient boarding facility. It's difficult for me to spend time with him since the barn has no restroom and there are no lights for evening visits. She said no I can't move him. He'd be depressed and he's too old to start over. (He's twenty) I'm glad that issue is settled.
This ranch is one of a kind and I truly do appreciate it.




1 comment:

  1. LOL! If only all of our problems could be solved as easily! I hadn't thought of it, but I'll bet he really would miss his barn space and friends. Now about the lack of a restroom problem...?

    ReplyDelete