Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's the Little Things in a Day that Matter

I went to coffee in Niwot on Monday, expecting to meet a friend. We were planning to do some actual writing but, alas, my friend lost her calendar and didn't show up. (she did call when she remembered) I had a pleasant coffee and did some writing on my own, then headed home.

There's a little dirt road that runs between The Diagonal and 95th. I've never driven down it so that's the way I headed home. Lovely area. I felt like I was in the middle of the countryside instead of next to a small city. The homes all had acreage so they were spread out a bit. I was driving on a dirt and gravel road. My approach was not a quiet one. As I approached the last home, I realized I had surprised a naked man in his front yard.

He was startled, but was too far from his front door to escape so he turned and slowly walked away from my eyes. This was no Adonis. He was probably in his 60's, with a very large belly and thin legs. Judging from the expanse of very white skin, I'd have to conclude that he was not a practicing naturist. The only thing that could have made this more entertaining was if he'd been wearing black socks and dress shoes.



6 comments:

  1. Well, that will certainly make your day a little more interesting! You just have to wonder what he was doing out there naked on that particular day.

    I love your photo...is it tire swings or tires on a fence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are tires on a fence. It was right by the South Platte River. Colorado is almost lush with all the spring rain we had at the last minute.

      Delete
    2. Good to hear Colorado is getting some moisture!

      Delete
    3. The heat just won't let up. Can you believe we had nine fires burning at the same time? How's the writing going?

      Delete
    4. That is a lot of fires...very scary. We have had some heat and humidity here too, but lots of rain to mix things up. The writing is still going in bursts and stops...the July meeting for my writing group here got pushed back towards the end of the month due to the 4th, so hoping to have a nice chunk to submit for that. Of course, more time to write often equals more time to procrastinate :)

      Hope your writing is going well...I hope you guys don't mind, but I love peering into the TFW website!

      Delete
    5. My writing moves along like an old car in jumps and stalls. I'm so glad you're writing and wish you weren't so far away. It's awesome that you look at the TFW website. Feel free to contribute as an expat member!

      Delete