Monday, June 3, 2013

In a Mood on Monday

Today is going to be one of our hottest days of the year so far, according to the news. 92 degrees. Some cloud cover would be helpful.

I didn't get as much done this past weekend as I had hoped. Just hit the wall. In the evening, I worked in the yard trying to clear an area that's solid bindweed, but ended up spending more time socializing with the neighbors than pulling weeds. It's good to know your neighbors and I like almost all of them.

I made some writing resolutions on New Year's Eve and have been meeting some of my goals. I'm submitting my work steadily. A blog I read has a good post about moving your resolution-making to another time of year, like September, or your birthday. I briefly considered doing this, but soon realized I'm too attached to my New Year's Eve ritual.

If I had some wall space by my desk, I'd tape up motivational and guilt-inducing quotes to spur on my writing. But it's Monday, I'm discombobulated, and in a mood that could easily tip into wonky if I'm not careful. The gardening, which is more yard work agony at this point, is a kind of meditation. Takes my mind off of everything else. I remember how much I need to be outdoors in order to be fully human.

Practicalities must be dealt with today. Errands done, food hunted down and/or gathered. This would be so much more enjoyable if the farm markets were open. I'm going to make revisions on my current project this afternoon. If I fail to do this, I will punish myself for eating only healthy food for 48 hours.



4 comments:

  1. Now that's a good lookin' house!!! The yard looks fantastic! I want to hang out on the front porch sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can sit on the porch on Thursday. Lemonade? Iced Tea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamcho stole words right out of my mouth: Great looking house! Is she the only one invited take a closer look from the proximity of the porch?

    ReplyDelete