Saturday, April 6, 2013

Traveling: Day One: Montana

Spent 12 hours driving from Longmont, CO to Bozeman, MT today. The sky and the landscape was changeable, but beautiful all the way here. I saw an impressive number of antelope, and I've never seen so many horses all in one day, either. I could say the same thing about the clouds.

The sky was dumping rain as we arrived in Bozeman. It's no fun trying to locate a hotel  in a downpour. Looks like a nice town and the setting is great.. I'll do some exploring in the morning.

The Bighorn Mountains were a visual treat, but we started seeing a bunch of geographical features named "Crazy Woman" around here. A creek, river, mountains, and businesses, to name the few I saw from the truck window.

The Crazy Woman Mountains were glorious with the snow highlighting the contours and peaks.

So far, Buffalo, Wyoming has been our favorite town, but it lacks coffee places.

I packed too much. I'm too tired to sleep. Hotels give me allergy problems. (I blame the cleaning products) I apparently want to whine.

Montana is picturesque and I have a crush on the entire state. Please don't tell Colorado.

I'm trying to use my iPad to write this post. It's not going well so I'll just say aarghh! and stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment