Friday, April 5, 2013

Getting Out of Dodge

I wonder how many people understand the idiom 'Getting out of Dodge'. I'm a fan of westerns so that expression is deeply rooted in my brain. We're heading north tomorrow. We'll make a run for the western border once we're in Montana. Emily, our ornery cat, is headed for The Cat House this morning. She doesn't like being boarded, but the two guest cats in our house keep trying to fight with her. She's clueless and seems fine with the sudden appearance of two large, strange cats in her home, but the boys act like the Dothraki in A Game of Thrones.

This might be a trip of rain and cloudy skies. I have my new camera from Christmas, my backup camera, and a new fancy phone. This is the first time I can text, and I can use the Siri feature everyone is so fond of. I like the ease of taking and sending photos, and the quality is surprisingly good. I feel so plugged in now.

So many things to do and so little time. I am going to coffee today at noon, come hell or high water. (another fantastic idiom)


Beautiful spring day yesterday. Warm.


The grass is growing and the pastures are dotted with cattle and little black calves.

No comments:

Post a Comment