Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Seattle Shuffle

We had homemade blueberry pancakes then drove to find a light rail station we could park at.  Finally parked in the SoDo area and rode the light rail to  the Westpoint Center. (I'll have to check on that name)  We walked quite a lot considering one person is a four-year-old, one is a baby,  and one person was me. I loved the famous market with its amazing selection of seafood, produce, and flowers. I found a steel cut-out of a raven that I wanted and, after some rushed deliberation, I decided to spring for it. I'll post a photo of it when I'm back home. We sat at a little play area, drank coffee, and watched two police horses. One was a bay Morgan like my Cooper, if Cooper was on steroids and worked out on weights every day.  The police horse was also capable of standing still for long periods of time, which Cooper refuses to do unless he's sleeping. I had a terrible headache by the time we were heading home. I think my body went  on red alert at the instant, overwhelming onslaught of spring here. So much green and so many blossoms in this lush part of the country. Everyone is tired now. Chinese food has been ordered. The sun is shining and its a beautiful evening.

By the way,  E. aced her first day at her new preschool in Longmont.  

3 comments:

  1. Yay! for E!!!! That's just great! I'm glad you got to go to the market and drink coffee and people and horse watch. (Sorry you had such a bad headache, tho...) Things are slowly gearing up again in Boulder, in fact, most of the snow on my lawn is gone already! Ah, yes, spring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the magic shop still there in Pike Market? Going to work on a short story now before taking my 16 year old to high school (seems like only yesterday that she was bossing the boys around in pre-school.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magic shop was still there. It was hard not to buy flowers and vegetables . Everything was so fresh and inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete