Thursday, April 18, 2013

Finally Some Blue Sky in Longmont (hack, cough)

It's cold outside but the sun has finally come out. Sunshine makes a huge impact on Colorado. We have an abundance of sunny days, shirtsleeve weather sometimes in the winter, and an impressive rate of skin cancer. But we're outdoorsy and love that sun.

I, however, came home from our trip and promptly came down with an illness. At first I thought it was a lingering set of symptoms from being allergic to the green, lush west coast but I'm afraid my sneezing has morphed into an actual illness. I feel lousy enough to start taking over the counter drugs, and I hate taking over the counter drugs.

I'm still a granny-nanny though and must soldier on the way women with children and grandchildren do. I soldier on with poor posture and a shuffling walk. I cough and blow my nose, I groan at the energy that will have to be expended getting dressed. Pathetic.

I've set up the little one with a large box of markers and some paper. As added insurance, I've turned on the television. It's on PBS so it's only a small sin. The Noodle and Doodle show.

How about some photos? I had a big problem with blurring this time. I'm blaming the camera but I secretly think it was operator error.

 bad photo-cool mural in Wyoming
 love Wyoming
 first wildflowers we saw by Columbia River
our mighty protector, kind of like those saint statues

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're not too sick for coffee Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on how brave my friends are. I hate exposing people to a known illness. I'm feeling better ut it's probably just the drugs I've been taking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are placed in Wyoming that are stunningly beautiful. But I guess there are also places in Wyoming that are legacies of our country's ugly past.

    ReplyDelete