Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Zombie Night is Almost Here

After years of having no trick-or-treaters in Boulder, we moved to Longmont. This is an old-fashioned neighborhood so, last year, I expected to have some kids at the door as opposed to none. Sadly, I ran out of candy after 60 kids. So this year I'm prepared. I have enough candy for 120 kids. I think it's overkill but I can add the leftovers to the Thanksgiving festivities. I also found out that peanut butter cups can be frozen and I have a lot of extras. The moon is slightly past full so the mood will be just right. I'm hoping for zombies.

I watched the news about the monster storm back east in the early morning, then went out to the ranch to meet with the farrier and got a little sunburned. It's hard to believe we're having such nice weather at the end of October. I haven't even fallen into my seasonal depression of dread about winter's approach. (yet)

A young woman from the ranch just had twins...a boy and a girl. She named them Peyton and Buster. And I recently found out a young member of our family is expecting. She's a Pokemon fan so we're worried the baby will be named Pikachu.

Babies are nice to have around.



No comments:

Post a Comment