Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wet Heavy Snow

As the title would suggest, it's snowing the mucky heavy stuff. Good-bye lovely fall colors.

I'm hooked on the British television show: Sherlock. Now I find out there are only six episodes produced so far. A few more are planned for 2013. Is it my imagination or are these television producers getting lazy?

 I now have the perfect reading combination. Telegraph Avenue by Chabon, and Every Love Story is a Ghost Story: A Life of David Foster Wallace, by D.T. Max. Quality stuff and tomorrow is a gloomy day, perfect for reading.

I need to finish up the river trip stuff. Unfortunately, I have become aware that the scant few people reading the posts seem to think it sounded like we were having a terrible time. This was not the case, so it can only be my faulty use of the English language. (I'm so embarrassed.) We were all having an awesome time. It just isn't the kind of happy that can be described with the big important happy words, but more with soft happy words like peaceful, serene, tranquil, inspiring, and we were usually in the  jaw-dropping presence of amazing geologic beauty. Reconnecting with nature after living in the Borg collective is quite a shock at first, then it starts to feel really comfortable. I'll try to be more effusive in the future, both in word and deed.


No comments:

Post a Comment