Thursday, October 25, 2012

Awake

I've been slightly unhealthy for the last five days but nothing obvious to the casual observer, (always loved that phrase-as if anyone would ever observe me) but obvious to me. After ignoring the symptoms, I finally gave in and took multiple naps today. Now it's the appropriate time to sleep and I'm awake.

It's snowing right now. The morning commute won't be fun, but I have sexy new snow tires to show off. A Frankenstorm is being predicted for the east coast. We have some badass storms in Colorado but nothing freaky, franken-wise.

Thanks to late-night television, I now know that there is coffee called the Black Ivory Blend from Thailand. The blend is made from coffee beans that are eaten by elephants then excreted. Their handlers then pick the beans out of the dung and dry them in the sun. The cost for this delightful coffee is $1,100 per kilogram. If elephants aren't your thing, you can also buy coffee that has traveled the digestive system of a civet, a tree-dwelling animal. I think my holiday shopping is going to be easy this year.

2 comments:

  1. funny - now that you mention the Black Ivory blend, I find myself eschewing all coffee products - switchting exclusively to green tea from the Far East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea is healthier for you anyway. Glad I could help out.

    ReplyDelete