Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekends Make Me Sad

Weekends make me sad when they're over. Everyone is more relaxed and loosey-goosey with their time, and you never know who will pop in or call. The weekend is like living on a Caribbean Island in a Tiki hut, versus weekdays that are like being taken on a forced march in a juvenile delinquent camp in Utah.

I had a good breakfast at the Hidden Cafe, got a bunch of stuff done around the house in a short period of time, had a visit from M & J, then a visit from S, leftover pizza for lunch (score!), more snow fell, had spinach & cheese-stuffed chicken breasts, and finished up with two episodes of Game of Thrones. (reruns, but fun because I can actually follow the story line this time around).

And, sadly, tomorrow is Monday and it is making me feel tired to think about facing Monday Morning.

I made 15-bean soup today and had the worst episode ever of boiling the soup all over the stove. It was like Vesuvius only it smelled pretty good while it was making a godawful mess. There was, briefly, a waterfall-like effect as the soup cascaded onto the floor and underneath the stove. If I ignore the soup that is now trapped and festering beneath the large appliance, will it go away on its own?

I didn't think so. I'll add "cleaning beneath the stove" to my lengthy to-do list and will hope for the best.


Happier times in Vancouver, Canada. Not a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment