Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mixing it Up in Boulder

I'm grateful for the lovely weather even with the downsides such as fire and drought. There is a fire burning northwest of Longmont and it's out of control, as usual in our state. I haven't heard how the fire started. I don't mind water restrictions. We should have them all the time here in the West, and I don't think Los Angeles should be allowed to have lawns. So there.

We're at day four in the family saga where we bend two branches of the family tree and try not to snap anything. The goal is to live together in peace and harmony. (om) It's going well so far, but I'm starting to fantasize about the day my granddaughter can return to preschool.

My daughter and I went to the Dairy Center in Boulder last night and met a friend there. A writing friend was one of the stand- up comics at comedy night. It was fun to get out. I tracked down the popcorn in the movie area, then we bought chocolate at a snack bar. My friend, Mr. Gold, did a fine job. It was good to do some laughing.  He's a good writer so I'm hoping he'll find the time to continue writing fiction.




No comments:

Post a Comment