Monday, March 11, 2013

A Snowy March Evening

It's almost spring. We saw a bald eagle cruising above Longmont just yesterday. The art walks downtown will begin, along with the live music on Friday nights just three blocks from our house. We have parades and a good farmer's market here. I enjoy watching the many parachutes with crazy people attached to them as they jump out of a plane so high that you can't see it. You can only hear the drone of the engine as it circles higher and higher. You watch and watch then the specks appear, reminding me of tiny spiders hatching in the sky. I don't know where that image comes from but that's what I think of. Don't judge me.

The drive home from Denver was lovely today. There was a multitude of cloud types of all shapes and colors building up and moving fast as a cold front swept into the state. We have a lot of sky in Colorado, so there's room for lots of white and grey (and sometimes black) vaporous activity up there. However, the last thing I need, while driving 75 mph, is to be distracted by the sky.

Now, at 10:00, the rain has turned into a mucky snow. We're not expecting much precipitation out of this one, but it's all appreciated. I would love to see a news story proclaiming the drought to be over. The need for water in the West is a struggle we face all the time.

The preparation for our daughter and her family to move in with us continues. They are thinning out their possessions, throwing away stuff, donating, and packing. We have moved furniture around, decluttered, and packed away some fragile stuff since the soon-to-be resident granddaughter isn't quite three. You might think I fell out of my tree, but I'm looking forward to some change. It wasn't that long ago that three generations lived in one house and thought nothing of it. (god help the daughter-in-laws)



The back window reads: Funky Jesus Blazer.


No comments:

Post a Comment