Monday, March 31, 2014

The Days Tumble By

The days are tumbling by like cold mountain water over a streambed of river rocks. This Monday morning is only an eddy where I'm pausing for a brief rest.

We had guests for ten days. There were many comings and goings, unhindered by snow and ice, and encouraged by the abundant sunshine. Not too shabby for March.

A brief recap of recent events: My hip is possessed by a demon who rarely sleeps. Chronic pain is exhausting. The vacuum cleaner self-destructed the day before our guests arrived. Then a good thing happened when I found out two of my stories were selected for the library's literary anthology. Had a great time watching and talking to my visiting granddaughters. Then they had to go home to their busy lives and it was kind of sad, but quiet, around here. That afternoon, the water heater self-destructed and partially flooded our cellar. Now a man is banging around in the cellar in order to provide us with hot water while depriving us of our money. I'm thankful the water heater didn't go kablooey until our four family members had flown away.  

I bought two books on creativity without knowing too much about the books except that I like the author. Eric Maisel is a psychologist who specializes in creativity and coaching artists of all sorts. He is a prolific writer. I'd love to attend one of his lectures someday. Reading my new books is something to look forward to.

Instead of rewriting by mess of a novel, I've started a new short story. The new stuff is so much fun to explore but it would be so satisfying to finish the book. Time will tell if I have the discipline to do the real work.


This print appeals to me. There is a very cool owl on the right side. I can feel the power of the horse.
It's a terrible photo, but the best I could do under the circumstances.
My birthday is in August if anyone is feeling generous.



No comments:

Post a Comment