Sunday, March 16, 2014

Flushing Cheeks: Facial

Last week was a trial and a tribulation. My hip started hurting a lot on Sunday, then things went downhill from there. I was desperate enough by Friday to make an appointment with my new doctor. He diagnosed the pain as bursitis and I happily submitted to an injection into my hip. By the evening, the stabbing pains were reduced to a dull roar. I still walk with a ginger step, and can't sleep on my left side, but I'm grateful for the improvement.

I had the injection on Friday then realized, the following morning, that my cheeks (facial) were bright red. I appear to be embarrassed all the time. I looked up the side effects. 40% to 15% (depending on your source of information) of the people who get the corticosteroid injection develop "facial flushing" that lasts up to a few days. Figures.

Houseguests are arriving on Thursday. The head count for children will rise to four. I don't know how it will all work out, but I'm doing a lot of preparation in advance. The overarching goal is to spend time with family. The house can be shoveled out later if need be. I'm supposed to be resting but it's futile.


Paul's Coffee
Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment