Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Hitch in My Get-Along

Winter is on its way out. I keep hearing about the beautiful spring flowers in California, Oregon, and Washington. Nothing like that is happening here. Yet. Our beautiful blossoms live or die at the whim of the weather. Mother Nature gave us some early warm weather last spring, then murdered all of the plants that had the audacity to defy the calendar. We don't plant a thing in Colorado, except winter wheat, until after Mother's Day.

Spring will grace us with its presence on March 20th even if it will only be a date on the calendar. Just a week away. It's surprising how much this cheers me up, knowing that it will be the spring equinox.

I'm hobbling around like Grandpa Amos McCoy (Walter Brennan) as I walk around with a hitch in my get-along. I'm not wearing overalls though,  nor am I dispensing folksy television wisdom. I tried to help carry a heavy dresser upstairs and had a little pain afterwards. Sadly, my hip hurt a little more each day until I went to IKEA with a friend and walked on those hard floors for two hours. I've been experiencing some pretty bad pain since last weekend. I have self-diagnosed myself as having bursitis, or maybe arthritis but, whatever it is, it's finally better today. (translation: I don't feel like knocking myself out with a hammer) I think I can cover all my diagnostic bases by calling it stupiditis for trying to move that dresser.

The park provides a little bit of outdoor time.


I'd like to see one of these flowers sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment