Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Joining the Community

The gloomy morning with odd little snow-showers finally wore itself out. Now the sun is shining and even the wind has died down.

Baby C is asleep and E is eating a string cheese and asking me questions. It amazes me that Baby C can sleep through all the racket that three parakeets can make. They are solar powered little birds. It is a sign of evolution that I can type and answer offbeat questions at the same time. And I'm sleepy. So sleepy. "Why are glasses brown?" she asks. How can I be so sleepy right now, but be wide awake at 3 AM? The only reason I don't go downstairs to read in the predawn hours is because the house is cold at night.



I went to the grocery store tonight but realized I was too tired to deal with the crowd and the chaos. I had no idea so many people shopped at 7:00 at night. I guess it makes sense that people would go after work. I picked up a few essentials and came home.

I found a nice email when I checked my computer. Two of my stories are going to be included in an anthology that's part of the You Belong 2014 Longmont Library Festival. I've never seen one of the previous anthologies so this should be an interesting experience, and maybe I'll meet some local writers.



No comments:

Post a Comment