Monday, August 12, 2013

Heading West

Thank goodness another trip is upon us. I love to go places, but getting ready for a vacation really brings out the crazy in me.  I have a house/pet sitter who is way too qualified for the job, the truck is being serviced today, bills are paid, I'm trying to pack without taking every item of clothing I own, and it's all coming down to the wire. Blast off is on Wednesday, so I still have 42 hours to fret over getting everything to my liking. We're driving to Cali so we can take the kayak and canoe to Pt. Reyes National Seashore and Tomales Bay. This area of Northern California was my idea of heaven when I was growing up. The redwoods are close by, Tomales Bay is an estuary with great bird watching, and it's cheese country. We're fond of cheese. San Francisco is only 30 minutes away and my family lives about an hour and a half away.



Alas, E's new teacher is visiting in less than an hour and I need to tidy up. Wouldn't want to scare the woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment