Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Mojo is Flat

Things were pretty quiet around here today. I was home waiting for a box to arrive, it arrived, and that was pretty much the high point of the day. My friend, J, came by later so that makes two high points.

She is ready to explore new horizons again.

I'm reading a book called Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson. It was published in 1980 and won the Pen/Hemingway Award. I had never heard of it until I picked it up in a thrift store. It's a hard book to put down. The writing is lovely, but what is strange is the story's point-of-view.  It's called the "Transparent Eyeball" POV, and the term originated with Ralph Waldo Emerson in his essay titled "Nature". Has anyone else ever heard about this? I'd figure it out if my mojo didn't have a slow leak.

Another thing that's bothering me is this package of beef flavored cat treats:





Isn't this just a little perverse?

No comments:

Post a Comment