Sunday, April 13, 2014

You Belong 2014: Words and Images from Longmont Area Residents

The Longmont Library Literary Festival ended yesterday. They published a nice-looking book containing a lot of local talent. There were 61 writers there, for the final event, to speak to the public, as well as to promote and sell their own books.

I was happy to have two of my short stories published in the anthology titled You Belong 2014: Words and Images from Longmont Area Residents. The perspectives on the Flood of 2013 were quite moving.

I submitted my two best, and favorite stories, to the anthology. Doing so limits my ability to get them published someplace else, but I needed to let them go so I could move on.

Now we're waiting to see what happens when Colorado's 150% snowpack melts off this year. It could be The Flood of 2013: Part 2. There has already been some basement flooding in Boulder and the warm weather hasn't really arrived yet.

Congratulations to all who were published and belong in Longmont. Many thanks to Steve Kenworthy for editing You Belong 2014, and kudos to The Friends of the Longmont Library for publishing the anthology and for everything else they do for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment