Friday, April 25, 2014

Rootin' Tootin' Wyoming

 I was watching the news this morning and learned some things about missiles. There are 420 armed nuclear missiles standing ready to go in Wyoming. The silos are surrounded by farms and ranches, with no attempt to hide them. The military uses computers from the 60s with floppy discs because terrorist hackers can't access them. The missiles can only be launched by a direct order from the President, and there is no way to cancel the missiles once they are launched.

That's a lot of armed missiles.

I also learned that I didn't know how to spell missiles. I have corrected my lack of knowledge and will try to do a better job with my spelling, and my pronunciation. You never know when you'll have to scream out, "Look out for the missiles, Y'all!" I don't think "Duck and Cover" is going to be much help.






No comments:

Post a Comment