Saturday, January 4, 2014

Upgrading Your Personality


Yesterday



Today
Both days are pretty but today is very cold. It's a good idea to stay inside and look at the flakes through the glass. A good day for reading, but most days are. A good day for trying to get organized... a tedious task always. 

I'm reading a book about writing, of course, and came across an interesting chapter titled "Upgrading Your Personality".  It's a small chapter and I like it despite that it wanders a tiny bit and doesn't totally commit to the idea that a personality can be upgraded. Yet it's restating an old concept in a new way. Sometimes that's the only way to get someone to think. Eric Maisel PH.D. writes: "It turns out that if we do not upgrade our personality, it tends to degrade." (from A Writer's Space) With every part of my body slowly going to hell, I hate the idea that my personality will soon follow. As a preventative measure, I'll immediately add Upgrade Personality to my list of New Year's Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment