Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The New Year Begins With Snow

I just looked outside and thought that the streets were beginning to look wet. I went out on the porch and discovered that it's snowing very lightly. The town is quiet. No cars, so I could hear every flake as it made that little hiss of a sound as it landed on the ground, the leaves, and the walkways. I was having a peaceful moment when the sound of a nail gun, or something similar, intruded. One of the neighbors is starting out the new year by working on his house at 9:00 AM on a holiday. That's just how it is sometimes. The moments of gentle nature have to compete with the harsh realities of living in a community. I'll take whatever time with nature I can get but I would have liked that shushing sound of the snow to go on a lot longer.

Still....a shiny new year to plan and scheme and construct a life around.

Best wishes, all.


No comments:

Post a Comment