Monday, May 13, 2013

Moving Dirt Around...Still

A young man named Joe followed us up to the cabin this morning to put the track back on the excavator. After a two-hour drive, the repair took him five minutes. Steve worked until 3:00 then called it a day. Dirt has been moved around. Holes have been made, and the hope is that any future flooding (which is almost a certainty after such a severe fire) will now channel itself around the cabin.

I've driven the four-hour round trip to the cabin for three days in a row now. A break is needed. I did almost no work while I was up there, but made myself useful by emitting anxiety and low-level panic every time the excavator was not perfectly level. I also put toilet paper in the outhouse once.

 The last day with the John Deere.

The pasque flowers are doing great this year.

 This used to be the beginning of a hiking trail.


No comments:

Post a Comment