Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Comes in Like a Polar Bear

Another spring snowstorm came and dumped on us yesterday, but the sky is blue and the snow is already disappearing. This was a good storm since the roads and sidewalks stayed clear. This wasn't the case down in Denver where there was black ice on the roads and lots of accidents. Is this the last snow until next fall? Let's hope so.

Today is a granny-nanny babysitting day. We have tasks to perform and errands to run. The little fireball is watching Dinosaur Train on the telly, so I'm typing as fast as I can.

I woke up and the first thing I read was about the cannibalism in our colonies during the winter of 1609 and 1610. It's hard to imagine being that desperate. Maybe, under desperate circumstances, we can tap into our feral core to find a way to survive. Our more civilized veneer shakes its head in dismay.

I'm reading one friend's self-published book and plan to review it on Amazon when I'm finished. A friend of a friend in Napa has just published a new book of short stories, so that's now on my list of books to read. I read one of her short stories a while ago and felt that she was still finding her way in her writing. After reading the excerpt of her new book, I'd have to say she's now a well-grounded writer.

I keep seeing people making great strides with their novels and short story collections, so I have to wonder at the inertia in my own writing group. Including my own. We all want to write so what's holding us back? Fear of failure? Poor time management? (me) What?

Time to get busy with those tasks and errands.


Yesterday


This morning with clear streets and sidewalks.


I love snow-covered trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment