Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wild


I recently read Cheryl Strayed’s book Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail. Her memoir effortlessly carried me along on a journey she took in 1995 as a 22-year-old. I wanted to read more about her life and discovered The Rumpus, an online literary site, where she writes an advice column called Dear Sugar. Her writing is intelligent, funny, compassionate, and direct. Strayed is brutally honest and I love her profanity. I recommend her column titled: Write Like a MF.  I can’t bring myself to write out the title. She has no compunction about putting the entire word right on the page. This is another reason why I admire her so much.

 Check out her new book: Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment