Thursday, May 29, 2014

Longmont Library

It's no secret I consider libraries to be sacred ground, and Longmont's library is no exception. The richness of its offerings is there for your perusal each and every time you step throw the doors. If you have questions, the librarians have answers. While in the children's section, I found an ABC book I liked. The artwork appealed to me, but the examples for some of the letters of the alphabet struck me as funny. The book was titled, "Country Road ABC", and was written by Arthur Geisert.


A is for ammonia fertilizer.
(You say what?)


I is for inoculate.
(and D is for debeaking)


K is for kick.
(H is for hamburger)


N is for no mail today.
(This is my favorite. Really? No mail today?)


Q is for quicksand.
(a very common problem apparently)


U is for uphill.
(Right up there with A is for air)

No comments:

Post a Comment