Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday Grinds to a Start

Woke up at 5:30 with a headache. Not a good way to begin a lovely day. I watched the sky become golden while waiting for the Advil to kick in. I uncovered the parakeets' cage so they could start singing and squawking their homage to the sun. Parakeets are messy little creatures but so damn cheerful.


Going to be a warm day, by November standards. The fence is partially painted with primer and needs to be finished. There will be very few days warm enough to paint outside, so time is of the essence. But, besides the torture of sitting on the cold ground slapping paint on little boards, I hope to do some more writing today. I've been trying to rewrite my crudely finished book, but haven't been able to get enthused about it. A new story has been ricocheting around my brain for a few days, so I got off to a good start on it yesterday. 


My new muse

Such a beautiful fall day will require some time to be spent outside just for sheer pleasure. Plus I need the Vitamin D. Since it's early, I think I'll go out in the chilly morning and resign myself to paint for a couple of hours this afternoon. 


Not bad for November

No comments:

Post a Comment