Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hazy Day in Boulder County

This morning, the hot air balloons we see almost every morning, looked ghostly even while close to our road. The mountains were also barely visible, all because of smoke from a fire burning in Alberta, Canada. This is so obvious to me but I'll point out that what we do to the environment affects others all over the world.

The kids enjoyed watching one hot air balloon land at the edge of Longmont this morning. E now believes me when I say there are people riding in the basket. She can be pretty skeptical for a four-year-old. Another balloon was very close to the treetops in the neighborhood across the highway. The newspaper reports that it landed safely in an elementary school playground.

The 4th of July is almost upon us. Should be a toasty weekend. I plan to finish learning Scrivener, which is software that helps disorganized writers like me become organized. At least that's the dream. I also want to do some writing, but that's what I tell myself every day.



A bird is in this kinetic sculpture, taking a free ride. It's near the top.


A working man's sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment