Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Pleasantly Unsettled Day

I just had the luxury of having four days without my usual routine. Because every day was different, it was like a little vacation. I say "little" because there was also work involved. It was too hot to work outside, but I went to the ranch three times and enjoyed the peace and quiet out there.

A big storm hit last night around 11 PM. It was a torrential downpour so I don't have to water our yard or our neighbor's yard today. It's overcast this morning with a clean, cool breeze. The coolness won't survive the day, still it's a nice respite after so much heat.

The baby could barely scoot around the floor when I saw him last Thursday. Today he's a perpetual motion machine with the ability to travel around the room on his own now. It's amazing what can happen in four days with a child.

I didn't get much writing done during the long weekend because I was focusing on learning the Scrivener software. I've come to the realization that I expect it to be more complicated than it is and, thus, confuse myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment