Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weather Event: Day Six

Supposedly, today will be the last major rain for a while. There is a downpour outside of my window right now at 9:55 in the morning. The television news is saying that the last of the heavy rain will be tonight. The news coverage is extensive, to the point of being overwhelming. The aerial videos are fascinating, especially for me. I've always liked weather from the bucolic to the extreme.  As I type, the alarm goes off in the other room as the weather service sends out a warning of flash flooding in the High Park burn area. Go to higher ground. Now. That's where our beleaguered cabin is.

I got a phone call and we were, of course, talking about the flooding. She said a friend saw some kids swimming in the flooded drainage ditch behind their apartment building. Can you say hepatitis?

I try to see some good in most situations and I have to say that our lawn has never looked greener. (Please know that I'm being facetious)


Fun art at our neighbor's house.




No comments:

Post a Comment