Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday, Schmoozday

I'm tired. No two ways about it. Pooped to the gills. I was awake with E in the middle of the night when she showed up in our very dark bedroom downstairs. I thought it must be close to five o'clock but, after taking her "potty" two times, and getting up to get her a drink of water, I figured out it was more like three o'clock. We did eventually go back to sleep, only to oversleep until 8:30, which always discombobulates me. E wasn't feeling well so it was a long and arduous day with many highs and lows and not much in between.

The writing group had a scant four people, and one new person, who must think it's an old lady writing group. I don't know if we'll ever see her again, but it would be nice to have a few new writers on board of any age, gender, or general persuasion of any sort. Summer is always a very difficult time to get people together for TFW. The group I attended for a while in Edgewater quit for the summer just a month or so after I joined. I wasn't too happy with the long vacation but maybe they just knew how it would be. That's what happens when you live in a state with incredible recreational opportunities.


A good year for clematis flowers.


A moment in the shade on a hot day.

I've got a trip planned to Walden for this weekend. We need to relax, scare some fish, and soak up some scenery. We'll leave the Blue House in other capable hands, and we'll all get some space for a couple of days. We can check on the cabin on the way there and see if the latest strong rainstorms sent any more mud its way. I have a strong desire to cross the Snowy Range on the way home so we can see the pass. We camped there once and it joined my shortlist of special places.


No comments:

Post a Comment