Friday, August 15, 2014

Summer Malaise and the Doldrums

In August, one of our huge trees in the front yard begins to lose its leaves. I don't mind the mess, but the little leaves blowing around always remind me that summer is approaching its end, and that bothers me.  It doesn't help that I'm playing catch-up, trying to arrange and attend a bunch of appointments for myself, my horse, and my cat. Even getting a haircut has become a major annoyance. These obligations are really a pain to cram into every available Monday and Friday morning. My own fault for procrastinating, I know. Once all of my appointments are over with, I'm going to work on my wish list for visiting family and friends. Then it will be the holidays and I can complain about that. :-)

And as for writing... I worked three weeks in dibs and dabs to try to come up with 10 pages for my writing group. Realized I had written repetitious crap and ended up submitting three pages. August is a very poorly attended month for our group because of all the traveling and vacationing that people do. We had a influx of new, talented writers in June and July then only four people at our last critique session. I keep wondering if the group is circling the drain and hope it's not. I think new management would be a big help (In other words, someone who is not me) But maybe it's just summer malaise and the doldrums on a larger scale.



No comments:

Post a Comment